Saturday 2 January 2016

ZX9R Original Review

Seeing as I am using a Kawasaki ZX9R C2 model to use as a race bike I thought it would only be natural to show what some of the motorcycle community thought of the bike when it was first produced.

Now just to note all models are standard from factory and i will be using a few quotes to give you an idea of what people were thinking back then.

First up MCN.


"Began life as a sports machine, didn't quite cut it and ended up as an excellent sporty sports-tourer"


Like so many motorcycles the Kawasaki ZX-9R began life as a sports machine, didn’t quite cut it and ended up as an excellent sporty sports-tourer. It’s indecently fast and should put 175+mph on the clock with minimal hassle. Early Kawasaki ZX-9Rs were heavy but from the ‘C’ variant of 1998 onwards it’s light enough to be a capable if not cutting edge sports machine.

Early Kawasaki ZX-9Rs weren’t good. The Kawasaki ZX-9R ‘B’ series from 1994 to 1997 was too heavy. Fingers were pointed at the rear swingarm and suspension too. It’s the least sporty of the bunch by some margin. Kawasaki ZX-9R ‘C’, E’ and ‘F’ suffix bikes are all much lighter but still stable and relaxed enough to make excellent road bikes. Brakes are effective unless neglected.

Always a strong point on Kawasakis even when chassis development fell behind the competition. The Kawasaki ZX-9R's engine is a classic with modest low rev torque, no major fireworks in the midrange but enough urge to keep the Kawasaki ZX-9R swift. But rev hard and very little will pull away. The Kawasaki ZX-9R has a pleasing growly nature too.

So that is what MCN briefly noted when reviewing the bike. 

Do you agree with them? What are your thoughts and what have you done to improve yours?

Thanks Matty #193










2 comments:

  1. Having borrowed my mates 9r(can't remember the specific model) a handful of times I can concur that as mcn said they are a "indecently fast" but I found it a bit bland in comparison to either my 1990 zxr750 h2 or my current bike suzuki tl1000r it's just to easy to go fast on the 9r and if I'm brutally honest the handling isn't up to much when it comes to corners in a nutshell it dosent seem "planted" in comparison to even my dads kwak zrx1100... Maybe it's just this particular bike or just me being picky having said all this it is a great machine for pulling wheelies 👍... and before the haters start I'm not claiming to be Mm or Vr I just know what I know (crosswoss instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats good to hear though bud. Its nice to have someone else's input. After the few subtle modifications to my own I am hoping that we have turned it into quite the ride, planted, plush and powerful!

    Thanks crosswoss

    ReplyDelete