Saturday 2 January 2016

RST Tractech Evo Green Boots Review

My first review, so I thought I would do it on my new race boots thanks to Lizzie for buying me them for christmas. I used to own these boots in white and had a few crashes in them, wore them on road and whilst racing and for general use so I can give some good feedback.
 So this is the model and colour I have, like I said before I used to have the white ones. Right for some information I am a size 11 so I cant guarantee everyone will get the same feeling and feedback. The first thing I notice is the plastic parts fit and are formed quite well and its not all shiny, some of it is quite grippy especially the toe grip. That is much grippier then my last pair and thats with the sheene still on from manufacturing.

Everything is double stitched and has quite a good finish to it and not a single part has been left untouched, no loose ends or frayed edges so all good there. The colour is brighter then on the photo so my apologies, its perfect for the "Mighty Kwaker". 

This time the sole of the boot isnt just a pure flat surface, it has a slight contour to it, an indent some would say so that when your foot is positioned on the toe peg correctly it sits in rather then just on giving you that extra bit of grip on the peg. The heel seems to use slightly softer compound but again very comfortable once on. Hopefully you can see the slight curve on the sole in this photo.

So you want to know about fit and feel now I assume, so you know what? Il tell you.

Once on, what once felt like quite a soft ankle support sturdys right up especially once zipped up. Can be worn with motorcycle socks with ease and really do give a comfortable yet rigid support. I base the boots I wear purely on ankle support and heel support (or colour :p ) and this is due to the fact I will be racing so I want a good sturdy support, these are the two things I least want to break, stupidly long healing times and i understand in a lot of situations the odd broken toe I can deal with. After all it needs to have a certain softness for your gear lever. The calve size of the boot is perfect to drop leathers into or the velcro has enough range if you want to wear your leathers over the top. 

Overall I believe rst moto have made a cracking boot perfect for summer road riding, track riding and racing, at the price of £119.00 I really cant complain. Im happy with the fit, the rigid ankle and heel support, of course the colour but overall they give me confidence, I can feel the suspension and the feedback from the bike through my toes, whilst support the soles of feet. 








One thing i recommend, dont use in heavy rain, i found out the hard way, wetter then an otters pocket.

I really do rate these, let me know what you think?

Thanks Matty

No comments:

Post a Comment